UPDATED ADVISORY: Homeland Security Committee Markup of Mayorkas Impeachment Articles
January 28, 2024
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The House Committee on Homeland Security will convene on Tuesday, January 30, 2024, at 10:00 AM ET, to mark up articles of impeachment against Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), for high crimes and misdemeanors.
WHAT: House Homeland Security Committee markup of articles of impeachment against DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. The Committee will mark up H. Res. 863, which can be read here. House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mark E. Green, MD (R-TN) will be offering an amendment in the nature of a substitute to H. Res. 863, which can be read here.
TIME: 10:00 AM ET
LOCATION: 310 Cannon House Office Building. The markup will also be live streamed here.
BACKGROUND:Read all five of the House Committee on Homeland Security’s interim reports, which were released throughout the course of the Committee’s five-phase investigation into Mayorkas’ handling of the crisis:
- Phase 1 Interim Report: DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ Dereliction of Duty
- Phase 2 Interim Report: DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Has Emboldened Cartels, Criminals, and America’s Enemies
- Phase 3 Interim Report: The Devastating Human Costs of the DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ Open-Borders Policies
- Phase 4 Interim Report: The Historic Dollar Costs of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ Open-Borders Policies
- Phase 5 Interim Report: The Massive Waste and Abuse Enabled by DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas
- Transcribed Interview Appendix: First-Hand Accounts of the Crisis From Border Patrol Sector Chiefs
Read selections of the transcripts in which chief and deputy chief patrol agents at the Southwest border discussed a number of consequences of Secretary Mayorkas’ open borders:
- Never before have agents seen such historic numbers of illegal crossings
- The lack of consequences enforced by this administration for illegal entry
- Mass releases functioning as a pull factor for millions of illegal aliens
- Illegal aliens are now turning themselves in to Border Patrol, knowing they will be released into the interior
- The expansive degree of cartel control at the Southwest border
- Agents are being taken out of the field in order to help process and release illegal aliens
- Illegal aliens are spreading the word of our open border back home, encouraging more crossings
- The operational impacts of open borders, including closed checkpoints and national security/public safety risks
- Border Patrol sector chiefs contradict Secretary Mayorkas and say they do not have operational control in their sectors