The Biden Administration is Breaking All of the Wrong Records
WASHINGTON, DC – The Biden administration has been defined by the crises it creates and continue to let spiral. In April, migrant encounters at the southern border reached a new record as President Biden prepares to end Title 42.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is losing operational control of the border, record number of criminals and gang members are being apprehended, and unprecedented amounts of drugs are flowing across the border—and the Biden administration’s response is to turn its back on the crisis.
Homeland Security Republicans released their latest version of “Border Crisis Startling Stats” depicting just how catastrophic the crisis at the southern border has become.
- Since President Biden has been in office, there have been over 2.75 million migrant encounters at the southwest border.
- CBP had 234,088 migrants encounters along the southwest border in April 2022, including 166,814 single adults, 54,773 family units, and 12,221 unaccompanied minors.
- After over a year of putting pressure on DHS to disclose the monthly encounters of people on the terror watch list, CBP Commissioner agreed to post the number online in a letter to Ranking Member Katko and Intelligence Subcommittee Ranking Member Pfluger.
- In FY 2022, CBP has already arrested 15,086 individuals attempting to cross the border with criminal convictions and 393 known gang members, including 149 members of MS-13.
- According to the CDC, the U.S. recently recorded its highest number of drug-overdose deaths in a 12-month period, eclipsing 108,000 for the first time.
View Homeland Security Republicans’ latest version of “Startling Stats” here.