The Biden Border Crisis Rages on for the 16th Month in a Row
WASHINGTON, DC – The Biden Border Crisis rages on for the 16th month in a row with over 150,000 migrant encounters at the Southwest border. Americans across the country continue to feel the devastating and dangerous impacts throughout their communities. In this administration, there is a severe lack of transparency with Congress and the Democrats refuse to hold this administration accountable for the numerous crises it has created.
Homeland Republicans will continue any oversight efforts within our power to ensure accountability—including as recently as pushing back on an absurd, unprecedented DHS “policy” requiring a signed privacy waiver from a suspected terrorist before briefing Homeland Security Republicans. We will not tolerate any attempt to stonewall Congress from conducting its Constitutionally-mandated responsibilities.
- Since President Biden has been in office, the U.S. has had over 3.9 million migrant encounters.
- CBP had 207,416 migrant encounters along the Southwest border in June 2022, including 140,197 single adults, 51,780 family units, and 15,271 unaccompanied minors.
- As of June 30, 56 people whose names appear on the terror watch list were stopped trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border between ports of entry this fiscal year.
- The U.S. expects to see up to 161,000 unaccompanied minors in by the end of 2022.
- Homicides, assaults, incidents of domestic violence, illegal weapons possession, and sexual offenses committed by illegal migrants all increased dramatically in FY 2021 compared to FY 2020, data from CBP shows.
Download the fact sheet here.