Ranking Member Katko Welcomes New Members to Committee on Homeland Security for 117th Congress
January 26, 2021
WASHINGTON, D.C.— Ranking Member Katko welcomed the new Republican members of the House Committee on Homeland Security for the 117th Congress as recommended by the House Republican Steering Committee. The recommendations must be ratified by the House Republican Conference.
“The committee has set forth an aggressive agenda, from proactively and forcefully combating the cyber threats from authoritarian nation-states, to preserving and expanding border security gains, and standing strong against all forms of terrorism. The 20th anniversary of the attacks on September 11 later this year will be a somber reminder that we as a nation must remain relentless against the ever-evolving and growing threats to our homeland. Our adversaries are only getting smarter and more advanced in their attempts to disrupt and disturb our way of life.
“I am thrilled to be joined on the committee by this impressive and diverse group of members, who all bring unique perspectives and experiences to advance our mission. From New York to Texas to Florida, and everywhere in between, each member represents a part of the country with a significant stake in strengthening our homeland security mission.”
The new Members of Congress joining the House Committee on Homeland Security include:
- Representative Ralph Norman (SC-05)
- Representative Andrew Garbarino (NY-02)
- Representative Kat Cammack (FL-03)
- Representative Carlos Gimenez (FL-26)
- Representative Peter Meijer (MI-03)
- Representative August Pfluger (TX-11)
- Representative Diana Harshbarger (TN-01)
- Representative Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-02)
- Representative Jake LaTurner (KS-02)
- Representative Andrew Clyde (GA-09)