House Homeland Security Committee: Schedule for August 5–9, 2013
Media Contact: Charlotte Sellmyer (202) 226-8417
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The House Homeland Security Committee has announced the following field hearing for next week.
TUESDAY, August 6 at 10:00 a.m.
Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
Assessing Central Indiana's Preparedness for a Mass Casualty Event
Carmel City Hall, 1 Civic Square, Carmel, Indiana, 46032
Invited Witnesses Include:
· Mr. Andrew Velasquez, III, Regional Administrator, FEMA Region 5, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
· Mr. John Hill, Executive Director, Indiana Department of Homeland Security
· Mr. Mark Bowen, Sheriff, Hamilton County, Indiana
· Mr. Steven Orusa, Fire Chief, Fishers, Indiana
· Ms. Diane Mack, University Director, Emergency Management and Continuity, Indiana University
· Mr. Chad Priest, Chief Executive Officer, MESH Coalition, Inc.
· Dr. Virginia Caine, Director, Public Health Administration, Marion County (IN) Public Health Department
· Dr. Louis Profeta, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., Medical Director of Disaster Preparedness, St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana
· Dr. H. Clifton Knight, Chief Medical Officer, Community Health Network
· R. Lawrence Reed, II, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.C.C., Director of Trauma Services, Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital
· Dr. Mercy Obeime, Director, Community and Global Health, Franciscan St. Francis Health, Indianapolis, Indiana
Subcommittee Chairman Susan Brooks (R-IN) on the hearing: “As one of the Congressional Co-Chairs of National Preparedness Month, I am excited to host this field hearing – the first by a Subcommittee of the House Homeland Security Committee during this session of Congress. The tragic Boston Marathon bombings are sad proof this nation faces real threats that we must prepare for. Central Indiana is a vital economic hub for the entire nation and it’s extremely important that we support and expand preparation and response efforts to both natural disasters and terrorist attacks. This hearing will explore ongoing efforts at the local, state, federal and non-profit level to secure our most vital assets from a wide range of threats.”
*LIVE video of the field hearing will be available here.