House Homeland Security Committee to Hold Hearing on Westerners Joining Terror Groups Overseas TOMORROW
Media Contact: Charlotte Sellmyer (202) 226-8417
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The House Homeland Security Committee will hold the following hearing tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY, October 9, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
Homeland Security Committee
From al-Shabaab to al-Nusra: How Westerners Joining Terror Groups Overseas Affect the Homeland
311 Cannon House Office Building
- Professor Michael Scheuer, Adjunct Professor, Center for Peace and Security Studies, Georgetown University
- Ms. Lauren Ploch Blanchard, Specialist in African Affairs, Congressional Research Service, The Library of Congress
- Mr. Brett Lovegrove, Chief Executive, City Security and Resilience Network (CSARN)
- Mr. Richard Stanek, Sheriff, Hennepin County, Minnesota
- Mr. Richard Mellor, Vice President, Loss Prevention, National Retail Federation
- Ms. Stephanie Sanok Kostro, Acting Director, Homeland Security & Counterterrorism Program, Center for Strategic & International Studies
*LIVE video of the hearing will be available here.