Homeland Security Subcommittees to Hold Hearings on TSA Acquisition and Obamacare Information Sharing
Media Contact: Charlotte Sellmyer (202) 226-8417
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The following subcommittee hearings will take place tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY, July 17 at 10:00 a.m.
Subcommittee on Transportation Security
Stakeholder Perspectives on TSA Acquisition Reform
311 Cannon House Office Building
- Mr. Marc Pearl, President & CEO, Homeland Security & Defense Business Council
- Ms. Shené Commodore, Government Contracts & Business Manager, Intertek, Testifying on behalf of the Security Industry Association
- Mr. Dolan P. Falconer, Jr., President and CEO, ScanTech Identification Beam Systems, LLC
Subcommittee Chairman Richard Hudson (R-NC) on the hearing: “It is no secret that TSA has struggled with technology acquisition and it is fitting that this is the seventh oversight hearing the Transportation Security Subcommittee has held on TSA technology acquisition in the last two years alone. This is another opportunity to hear directly from industry stakeholders as the Subcommittee develops legislation to improve transparency and accountability with regard to TSA technology.”
* Opening statements, witness testimony, and live video will be available HERE.
WEDNESDAY, July 17 at 10:00 a.m.
Homeland Security Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Health Care and Entitlements
Evaluating Privacy, Security, and Fraud Concerns with ObamaCare’s Information Sharing Apparatus
2154 Rayburn House Office Building
- Mr. Alan R. Duncan, Assistant Inspector General for Security and Information Technology Services, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Hon. Danny Werfel, Principal Deputy Commissioner, Internal Revenue Service
- Hon. Marilyn B. Tavenner, Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Mr. Henry Chao, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Deputy Director of the Office of Information Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Mr. John Dicken, Director, Health Care, U.S. Government Accountability Office
Subcommittee Chairman Patrick Meehan (R-PA) on the hearing: “This hearing will examine the federal data hub established by ObamaCare. It represents an unprecedented undertaking where vast amounts of Americans' personal data will pass among numerous state, federal and non-governmental agencies through a centralized data hub. Due to the complexity and scope of the undertaking, there is considerable risk that this large amount of personal data could be compromised. The Director of National Intelligence has indicated that cyber attacks and espionage are the top threats to U.S. national security. It is of the utmost importance that we ensure Americans’ personal health care data is secure. I look forward to hearing from witnesses about how the government plans to manage such an unprecedented system, while simultaneously securing huge amounts of sensitive information from the ever increasing threat of cyber security attacks.”
*NOTE: The live video of the joint hearing will be available HERE.