NEXT WEEK: Homeland Security Committee to Hold Field Hearing in New Jersey on Countering Violent Extremism and Antisemitic Threats
(WASHINGTON) – With incidents of violent extremism and antisemitism on the rise across the country, the Committee on Homeland Security will hold a full committee field hearing on Monday, October 3rd to hear from witnesses who are working to counter the threat in New Jersey, which has seen a 25% increase in antisemitic incidents over the last year. Members will have the opportunity to examine the factors driving the recent rise in antisemitism, State and local responses, and how the Federal government works with State and local partners to address domestic violent extremism.
WHAT: Committee Field Hearing: Countering Violent Extremism, Terrorism, and Antisemitic Threats
WHEN: Monday, October 3 @ 10am EDT
WHERE: Council Chambers of the Teaneck Municipal Building
- Ms. Laurie Doran, Director, Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, State of New Jersey
- Mr. Scott Richman, Regional Director for New York and New Jersey, ADL
- Rabbi Esther Reed, Interim Executive Director, Rutgers Hillel
- Ms. Susan Corke, Director, Intelligence Project, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Mr. Kenneth Stern, Director, Center for the Study of Hate, Bard College
- Ms. Holly Huffnagle, U.S. Director for Combating Antisemitism, American Jewish Committee
Updated info and livestream available here.
For reporters planning to attend in-person, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Adam Comis at 202-225-9978
Next Article Previous Article