Barragán to Visit Rio Grande Valley to Provide Oversight of Migrant Conditions at the Border
McAllen, Texas — Congresswoman Nanette Diaz Barragán, Chairwoman of the Committee on Homeland Security’s Border Security, Facilitation, and Operations Subcommittee, will visit Texas’ Rio Grande Valley tomorrow to examine the migrant conditions at the southern border.
Over the course of the oversight visit the Congresswoman will meet with Border Patrol leadership, visit processing facilities, emergency intake sites, as well as meet with non-profits and immigration advocates.
Chairwoman Barragán’s oversight visit will include the following sites:
- Donna Processing Facility
- Delphi Emergency Intake Site
- Temporary Outdoor Processing Site at the Anzalduas International Bridge
- Humanitarian Respite Center (McAllen)
Chairwoman Barragán will also meet with representatives from the following organizations:
- National Border Patrol Council
- Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley (Sister Norma)
- South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Representation Project
For press inquiries please contact: Zoe Bluffstone, (202) 538-2386, email@example.com
# # #
Zoe Bluffstone at (202) 538-2386 or Zoe.Bluffstone@mail.house.gov
Next Article Previous Article