Direct FEMA Relief for Private Individuals:
- To register for FEMA Disaster Assistance, click here or dial 800-621-3362.
- Individuals and households from the following 29 counties are currently eligible for Individual Assistance from FEMA: Aransas, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, Fayette, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Kleberg, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller and Wharton.
Life Safety Resources:
- To find friends and family or to register yourself as safe, visit: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/
- Anyone needing help (not a life-threatening emergency): 211
- To find a shelter, visit www.Redcross.org/shelter or call 800-RED-CROSS
- To report a missing child, contact the National Emergency Child Locator Center: 866-908-9570
- To talk to a professional who can help you cope with emotional distress from the storm, call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990, visit http://disasterdistress.samhsa.gov, or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
Volunteer and Relief Efforts:
Apply for Disaster Assistance
Prepare, Plan, Stay Informed via Ready.gov
Latest Forecast from National Hurricane Center
Warning: Potential Hurricane Harvey Phishing Scams
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is warning individuals of the potential for “malicious cyber activity” by criminals seeking to capitalize on interest in Hurricane Harvey. Users are advised to exercise caution in handling any email with subject line, attachments, or hyperlinks related to Hurricane Harvey, even if it appears to originate from a trusted source. Read how to identify scams and exercise caution here.