20 Years After 9/11: First Responder Perspectives
During a site visit to New York City, the Committee will hold a roundtable discussion to discuss cooperation between the Department of Homeland Security and local first responders since the 9/11 attacks.
- John Miller, Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorism, New York City Police Department (NYPD)
- Laura Kavanagh, First Deputy Commissioner, New York City Fire Department (FDNY)
- John Bilich, Chief Security Officer, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Alex Amparo, Acting Deputy Administrator for Resilience, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Captain Zeita Merchant, Commander, Sector New York, and Captain of the Port of New York and New Jersey, United States Coast Guard, U.S. Department of Homeland Security