Hudson to Hear from Stakeholders on TSA’s Efforts to Advance Risk-Based Security
Washington, D.C. – The Subcommittee on Transportation Security will hold a hearing entitled “TSA’s Efforts to Advance Risk-Based Security: Stakeholder Perspectives” tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. in 311 Cannon House Office Building.
Subcommittee Chairman Hudson on the hearing: “The Subcommittee's hearing with transportation security stakeholders will focus on efforts to bolster coordination with TSA in order to advance risk-based security for passengers and cargo. Doing so allows for a greater focus on current and emerging threats, while providing stakeholders increased flexibility and ultimately saving taxpayer dollars. I look forward to a discussion with our witnesses on risk-based initiatives such as Pre-Check, Managed Inclusion, and the Air Cargo Advanced Screening Pilot, the important role stakeholders play in implementing risk-based security, and other efforts being made to strengthen our security measures while decreasing unnecessary burdens on travelers and industry.”
THURSDAY, April 11 at 1:00 p.m.
Subcommittee on Transportation Security
TSA’s Efforts to Advance Risk-Based Security: Stakeholder Perspectives
311 Cannon House Office Building
- Mr. Ken Dunlap, Global Director, Security & Travel Facilitation, International Air Transport Association
- Ms. Sharon Pinkerton, Senior Vice President, Legislative and Regulatory Policy, Airlines for America
- Mr. Geoff Freeman, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, U.S. Travel Association
- Mr. Michael C. Mullen, Executive Director, Express Association of America
- Mr. Christopher U. Browne, Airport Manager, Washington Dulles International Airport, Testifying on behalf of the American Association of Airport Executives
- Mr. David A. Borer, General Counsel, American Federation of Government Employees
*Opening statements, witness testimony, and the live video feed will be available HERE.
**NOTE: The Counterterrorism and Intelligence Subcommittee hearing, “Counterterrorism Efforts to Combat a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Attack on the Homeland,” originally scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.**